Find out if you’re a true leader by seeing if you possess these qualities:
- Leaders start projects by asking “What has to be done?” instead of “What do I need?”
- Leaders next ask “What do I have to do to make a real contribution?” The answer best suits the leader’s strengths and the needs of the project.
- Leaders continually ask “What are my organization’s purposes and objectives?” and “What qualifies as acceptable performance and adds to the bottom line?”
- Leaders don’t want clones of themselves as employees. They never ask “Do I like or dislike this employee?” But they won’t tolerate poor performance.
- Leaders aren’t threatened by others who have strengths they lack.
“True leaders don’t create followers… they create more leaders”
Source: Peter Drucker, cited in Forbes ASAP, 60 5th Ave., New York, NY 10011